7 Ways To Help Your Favorite Blogger
I get asked a lot how much it costs to read my website. I love being able to say, “It’s FREE! Come on over and read and take in as much content as you want.” That being said, there are costs involved in running a website. There are people I have to pay to keep it running efficiently, not to mention lots of time. It is so sweet of you guys to ask me how you can help me and I appreciate the thought. My friend Shelly over at Coupon Teacher recently did a post about helping your favorite blogger (even if it isn’t me) and I thought it was great information. Here are a few ways you can show your support.
- Comment and Interact – I am approaching my two-year anniversary with SavingTheFamilyMoney.com and I still love to see the emails with all the comments from you all! It helps a blogger get to know who’s reading, so that the blog stays relevant to you.
- Subscribe – Most bloggers offer several subscription options. I have free daily emails that you can subscribe to on my sidebar. You can also follow me on Twitter. Another great place to interact with me and other readers is on our Facebook page. Just yesterday, we had a live chat session where I answered your questions. It was informative and fun, and I can’t wait to do it again.
- Share Posts You Like – At the top of all my posts, and on many other blogs, there is a “share” feature. You can share to Twitter, post on Facebook and many other options.
- Print Coupons – Most frugal bloggers earn a small amount from Red Plum and Coupons.com when you print a coupon. It is a small amount, but it adds up when lots of readers print.
- Use Bloggers’ Affiliate Links – You may not be aware of it, but many bloggers have partnerships with companies like Amazon or Restaurants.com. If you are planning on making a purchase with these companies or similar ones, consider clicking on a bloggers links so they get the credit. It costs you nothing, but every little amount can help a blogger. Some companies will even send giveaways to bloggers who refer readers. So, you never know when I’ll be able to post a fun giveaway!
- Host a Coupon
PartyClass – Did you know I teach coupon classes? I do, and let me tell you how much fun it is to do a home coupon party! Getting a group of your girlfriends together and having some fun while learning to save a little money is always a good time!
- Email Deals and Coupons – This one only applies to deal blogs, so I put it at the end. Did you find a great printable coupon or unadvertised deal? Email your favorite blogger, so that it can be shared! I love to share deals, but between being the CFO of my household and blogging, there will be some I miss. This is also a reason I recommend following on Twitter or the Facebook page. If I don’t have time to share in a post on the website, I’ll often send out a quick message in those places.
Thank you all for your continued support and kind words. It means the world to me and helps keep me going. 🙂