Tonight, a little pinch of Heaven visited our kitchen! I saw this recipe for “Pig Candy” on Mommy’s Kitchen and was anxious to try it out, so we had a few slices with dinner. MY……OH…. MY! What do you get when you combine scrumptious bacon with sugar? Yummy goodness that had my family asking if there was more in the oven! And I think the name is absolutely fabulous! I covered the bottom of a broiler pan with foil to make clean up easier, then I had a little helper coat the bacon with the topping.
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 pound thick-cut bacon, 8 slices
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix brown sugar, cayenne, and black pepper together in a medium bowl. Add bacon and toss.
- Line a baking sheet with a wire rack and lay bacon on the rack. Pat any remanding spice mixture on the bacon.
- Put the baking sheet on the top rack of the oven and bake until crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven to a serving dish and let cool slightly before serving.
I think next time I’ll let these cook longer because I like my bacon extra crispy. The pictures do not do this justice. And YES there are 2 pieces missing from the picture! I got excited and forgot to take a picture before I had some. If the kids are eating this you may want to leave out the cayenne. I choose to cut the cayenne in half and if the kids didn’t like it, well…..more for me! Oh, that was so bad! My son devoured it and when my daughter claimed it was “too spicy”, he quickly snapped up her 2 pieces. I told you I would post about something with protein in it soon…. all be it with sugar on top, but non the less I kept my promise!
You’ll want to head over to Mommy’s Kitchen and check out all the other great things she’s making. She adds pictures and step by step instructions on how to make things. My kind of cooking!