What better way to welcome the spring than with a little yummy rainbow.
This one is easy to make.
Spring Rainbow Cake or cupcakes
- box of vanilla cake or pound cake
- (all the stuff the box of cake asks for like eggs, oil, and water)
- food coloring
- several bowls
- whip cream (optional)
- Make the cake mix as directed.
- separate the cake mix into smaller bowls.. (we did 5 colors but you could do more or less)
- color each bowl of cake mix using the food coloring.
- add the mix to the pan you will be cooking in. We did a loaf but muffin tins will work well also. layer each color one at a time, spread gently with the back of a spoon, or just leave in blobs of color.
- continue adding colored cake mix one at a time until all is used.
- bake as directed.
- take out and cool.
- garnish with whip cream clouds, if you want.
Pictures of Process:
*these are really cute in cupcake form too… with a drop of whip cream or a swirl of white frosting on the top..I can see them at a psychedelic 60′s party too..endless possibilities.)