I’m very excited to kick off 2013 with a new Twitter chat! I’ve teamed up with @SimplyStAug and @CarrieWChildren to host a Twitter chat about Florida and our first one is Thursday, January 10th at 9pm EST with the Hashtag #FLChat.
If you don’t have a twitter account, you can sign up here.
A few Twitter tips for Newbies:
- Each Tweet has a maximum of 140 characters.
- You can follow anyone you like on Twitter including companies, schools and friends as long as they have an account.
- A Hashtag or (#) symbol is a way to follow a chat session or specific topic. For example if you want to follow our chat, simply add #FLChat into the Twitter Search bar and you’ll see all the tweets with people using that Hashtag. (See Screen shot below)
- You can ‘reply’ to anyone and they will see your tweet or you can ‘retweet’ (or copy) a tweet and it will resend to all your followers.
Here is a screenshot
- Everyone Tweeting with the Hashtag #FLChat will show up in the left column.
- The middle Column will be the Chat or Party hosts and anything they tweet
- The right column you can enter your Twitter handle (Twitter name) and it will show all tweets for you. An easy way to see people who are talking directly to you or Retweeting your tweets.
- If you want to type a tweet, enter it into the Tweet box above and it will send with the #FLChat hashtag already added to your tweet.
WE will have PRIZES during the chat so be sure to Join us and spread the word! No need to RSVP, just use the #FLChat hashtag during the chat to be eligible to win!
If you’d like exposure for your Company, you can sponsor the #FLChat, just email me for more information.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter before the Chat:
Ask Us about Hosting a Twitter Party for your Company!