Facebook is a great resource to communicate with your readers and form a community. I love my Facebook readers and love sharing information. In the last couple weeks there has been an increase in frustration with bloggers in regards to what people are posting on their Facebook walls. Many times these people are spammers trying to get exposure by using your wall to do so. This is not ok and I usually delete the information. I want my readers to trust the content on my Facebook wall and if I have not researched the company or otherwise, I will not condone sharing that information with my readers. Keep in mind most Facebook fan pages are like bloggers homes. You wouldn’t come into their homes and try to peddle your widget at their widget party.
It is not ok:
- To post your referral links on another site’s Facebook Wall.
- If you comment on other Fan pages, it’s polite to use your personal profile not your fan page profile. Using your fan page profile makes it look like you are trying to get free advertising off another fans page.
- To post your blog link on another site’s Facebook Wall, without their previous consent.
- To Post your company link on another sites Facebook Wall. If you are interested in exposure or advertising, contact the owner directly.
- To Post negative, rude or inappropriate comments, unless it’s corrective feedback. I was taught if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
This post is my viewpoint and while I cannot speak for other Facebook administrators, I have been listening to the complaints of fellow bloggers.
Let’s continue to share information to help each other grow. I love seeing your savings, pictures and personal achievements.
If you have a fan page and have a pet peeve, leave a comment and share so we can all be more informed and polite to others.