Update: I’m doing my grocery list and saw the Sara Lee desserts are 50% off at Publix this week. Here are some coupon match ups to help:
Sara Lee Desserts, 7-30oz., 50% off
Oh yes you heard me right. The kids and I made these last year as part of our holiday baking. We took them to our family Christmas party and everyone loved them. I have to warn you they are very sweet and one is enough…..maybe! Hehe. I found it on the Nestle Website.
Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Lollipops
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen cheesecake
- 22 to 24 lollipop or wooden craft sticks (found at cake decorating or craft stores)
- Small ice cream scoop (1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon size)
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups (11.5- to 12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet or Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Colored sprinkles or sugars
- Let the cheesecake sit out for 5 minutes till I was able to easily cut into about 22-24 bite size pieces. Then quickly roll into balls and stick a lollipop stick in them. I placed them back on a baking sheet and put back in the freezer while I prepared the chocolate.
- We used the semi-sweet morsels and white chocolate morsels. I only took a couple out of the freezer at a time, and we used a metal colander to hold them up right. Dip them in the chocolate and while they are still “wet” sprinkle or roll them with a fun topping..
The kids enjoyed the dipping part because they got to choose the colors. We did some of the dark chocolate ones in coconut! The topping possibilities are endless. Oh how yummy these were.