This Giveaway has ended.
Update: Here’s my shopping trip details and important things I learned about BJ’s and their policies.
I headed to BJ’s this week to get my Free Trial offer. If you have not yet entered to win the free $25 BJ’s Gift card, see the bottom of this post to enter. You can also print the coupon for a free 60 day trial membership. I learned a few things this trip that I’m very excited about passing along to you. First, they have a couple membership specials going on right now.
- Military can get a 15 month membership, that includes 2 membership cards for only $35
- Civilians (that would be me – Non Military) can get $14 months and 2 cards for only $35
I was told that my sister and I could share a membership even though we were not in the same household. Since we are the ones that shop for our families, this would be a great deal and we could split the cost of the membership. The primary account holder will be the one to receive the BJ’s coupons in the mail but you can always split them. We don’t use the same items so it would probably work for us. This policy will vary by location so ask your stores customer service.
These membership specials are only good till December 31st, so I suggest getting your trial membership and making a decision quickly. Now onto the fun coupon saving part! The nice woman at Customer Service was very sweet and patient with my coupon questions. I noticed they do a great job promoting that they accept coupons. I saw several signs throughout the store as well as a few announcments over the intercom while I was there. Here are a few important things to know about BJ’s.
- They accept BJ’s store coupons AND Manufacturer coupons on the same item. Yes you can stack them for extra savings.
- BJ’s mails out their own coupons to members, but you can also find some at the entrance to the store AND print some online at Bj’s.com (membership information required to access)
- You can use multiple manufacturer coupons on the same item! Let me explain. I needed Condensed milk for some of my baking needs. They have an 4 can package for $6.79. Now the coupon I have is for $.55 off of 1 can. I assumed that I could only use 1 coupon, since it was considered 1 package. HERE IS THE EXCITING PART! I was able to use 4 coupons on this 4 pack of cans. The way it was explained to me is that if the item can be opened, in this case the set of 4 cans, and placed on a regular store shelf to sell, then you can use multiple coupons on it. So for example if you buy a 3 pack of toothpaste and they are individually wrapped, you can use 3 manufacturer coupons! So I got $2.20 off this 4 pack instead of only $.55. Does this make sense?
- You can bring in Friends and Family members to shop with you as long as you have your membership card. And they will be able to pay for their purchases with their own funds (no checks). Unlike other Warehouse clubs, where you would have to use your credit or debit card for their purchase.
Here is the breakdown:
4 Boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch (2 lbs boxes) $5.89 each
– 2 $5.00/2 BJ’s Store coupon (found in front of store)
– 2 $1.00/2 MFR Coupons
= $11.56 or $2.89 per box
Solo Plastic Cups (136 pieces) $7.99
– $5.00 off BJ’s Store Coupon (found in front of store)
Solo 10″ Divided Grip plates (50 pieces) $7.99
– $5.00 off BJ’s Store Coupon (found in front of store)
2 Cases Evaporated Milk (16 cans total) $7.79 per case
– 8 $.50/2 MFR Coupons
= $ 11.58 or $.72 per can
2 Cases of Eagle Condensed Milk (8 cans total) $6.79 per case
– 8 $.55/1 MFR Coupons
= $9.18 or $1.14 each
Pillsbury pie crust (2 pack = 4 crusts) $4.39
Pillsbury Sugar Cookies (5 lb container) $7.99
– $4.00/2 BJ’s Store Coupon (found in front of store)
– $1/2 Pillsbury pie crust MFR coupon
2 Gallons of Milk $2.49
Total in Groceries: $86.48
– $25 Gift Card
The savings amount is in coupons and does not reflect any savings for BJ’s bulk pricing. You have to remember that you will need to save enough throughout your membership to re-coop the cost of the membership. The Milk at Publix right now is $3.19 and we go through 2 gallons a week at minimum. The BJ’s price is $.70 less so if you multiply that by 104 (52 weeks a year, 2 gallons a week) then I’m already saving $72.80 in milk alone. As always you’ll need to go in with you list so you stay on task and avoid those impulse items! The exception being the BJ’s coupons at the front of the store when you arrive. I found a few other items that will be a good deal once I get coupons for them. I ran out of time to price meat, but that is typically what I buy when shopping there.
When My Blog Spark contacted me about a free 60 -day trial membership to BJ’s Wholesale club, I jumped on the opportunity. BJ’s Wholesale Club and General Mills provided me with information and a giveaway courtesy of MyBlogSpark. As I’ve mentioned before in my Price Shopping importance post, BJ’s is the only Wholesale club that accepts all manufacturer coupons. They even send out Bj’s coupons to their members. You can read their coupon policy for more information. My Blog spark also sent me a $25 gift card to see how far I could stretch it using coupons. You can go to BJ’s Trial Membership to retrieve your free 60-day trial membership and take the pass to the member service desk at your nearest BJ´s Wholesale Club. This coupon is good till 12/31/09. This is a great time of year to get the free membership because you can do some Christmas shopping or holiday baking purchases. You can go here to find a location near you. If you sign up for the paid membership offer, you will also receive:
- A Member Savings Book with more than $1,000 in coupons and instant rebates
- “Sign up and Save” coupons worth $117 in savings
- 2 cards (one for you and someone else in your household)
- A no risk 100% money back guarantee on the fee if you are not satisfied
The best part is that My Blog Spark is letting me GIVEAWAY a $25 BJ’s giftcard to one of my readers! Can you say FREE FOOD?
To enter the Giveaway, simply leave a comment telling me what you’d like to get for free at BJ’s.
NOW if you’d like an additional entry you can post a link to your favorite Saving The Family Money post, on your Facebook page and leave me a comment telling me which link you used. This contest will end and comments will be closed on December 13th at midnight EST. The winner will be announced within 24 hours of the contest closing. Contest is open to US Residents only.